Customer Summit Hosts Industry Leaders to Discuss Current Hiring Trends
New York Times Best Selling Author, Robert Sutton, Keynotes Annual Customer Conference
BURLINGAME – April 27, 2011 – Jobvite, creator of next-generation recruitment solutions, hosted their annual customer summit yesterday, bringing together recruiting leaders from several industries to discuss winning the war for talent. This year’s conference featured a keynote by Robert Sutton, New York Times bestselling author of The No Asshole Rule, as well as presentations and discussions led by leaders from Starbucks Coffee Company, Groupon, Shutterfly, TiVo, Zappos.com, Inc., Fistful of Talent and Jobvite. This year’s conference in Redwood City, CA, was set against the backdrop of the highly publicized increase in competition for skilled employees. “A targeted war for talent is currently raging among fast-growing companies,” said Dan Finnigan, President and Chief Executive Officer, Jobvite. “The Jobvite Customer Summit provided an interactive forum for innovative recruiting leaders to share ideas about the strategies, technologies and capabilities needed to attract and retain talent in this changed landscape for those now hiring.” Robert Sutton, New York Times bestselling author of The No Asshole Rule and Good Boss, Bad Boss served as the keynote speaker at the summit with a discussion about “What Great Bosses Do: Leading Innovation and Implementation.” Mr. Sutton is a Stanford professor of management science, and has been building an evidence-based management movement that brings together the worlds of management practice and rigorous research in ways that enriches both. The day’s program consisted of Jobvite product workshops and trend discussions moderated by Tim Sanders, consultant and author of Love is the Killer App. Other presentations of note include:
- Social Recruiting Panel: This discussion, led by Jessica Lee, VP of Talent acquisition at APCO Worldwide and editor of Fistful of Talent, included social recruiting insights from panelists, Jeremy Langhans, Strategic Talent Initiatives at Starbucks Coffee Company and Cheryl Anne Fernandez, HR Project Manager with Zappos.com, Inc.
- Executive Panel on Challenges and Strategies for Hiring Now: Insights were shared by Dan Jessup, VP of Human Resources at Groupon; Steve Leech, VP of Human Resources at Shutterfly; William Uranga, Senior Director of Talent Acquisition at TiVo; and Vicki Bernholz, SVP of Human Resources at Lithium Technologies.
- Hiring is Everyone’s Job Workshop: This group discussion focused on how to productively engage hiring managers and employees in the talent hunt using the company’s intuitive applicant tracking product.
- How to Build a Winning Social Media and Referral Strategy: This session provided tips on using Jobvite to support winning social recruiting and referrals strategies, with examples and successes presented by customer Yelp.
- CRM, Sourcing and Campaigns: This workshop covered cost-efficient sourcing tactics and Jobvite recruiter CRM technology for direct sourcing, relationship management and campaign management.
- Recruiting Intelligence and Analytics: This session covered the use of the powerful Jobvite recruiting analytics in optimizing recruiting programs and budgets.
Real-time conversation and tips from the summit were tweeted with the #jobvitesummit hashtag. For more information on the Jobvite Customer Summit 2011 please visit: https://www2.jobvite.com/summit/.
Jobvite is the leading recruiting platform for the social web. Today’s fastest-growing companies use applicant tracking
, recruiter CRM
and social recruiting
software solutions from Jobvite to target the right talent and build the best teams. Jobvite is a complete, modular Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform which can optimize the speed, cost-effectiveness and ease of recruiting for any company. For more information, visit www2.jobvite.com
Back to News & Awards